Saturday, December 4, 2010

Quite a little author!

Today, I was going through some stuff from when I was younger.  I found these poems.  I still think they are better than some I write today!  I must have been quite the little author when I was little!

Second grade:

"When the Stingrays Skate"
Flitting the sea bed, wide and flat
I am a fish to wonder at!
A kind-of sort-of soft, thick square
like a slow plane in watery air!
With a tough white spine from tail to lips,
and straight bones out my side wing tips!
No other interests interest me,
being this is my whole activity!

Third grade:
"Flower Song"
The red rose says 'be sweet',
and the lily bids 'be pure',
the hardy, brave chrysanthemum, 'be patient and endure',
the violet whispers 'give, don't grudge or count the cost',
the woodbine 'keep on blossoming in spite of chill and frost'.

Wow, I'm still impressed!  Anyways, I found another paper that said, "When I grow up, I will be a:" I wrote "ninja".  Nice to know I set my priorities straight!  I miss the good old days!


nk sig

2 comments:

Abby said...

Wow! Those are great poems!


Abby :D

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

Awe! wow... that's so CUTE! :D